iscoball The Viscoball measures accurately the viscosity of transparent Newtonian liquids and gases (with a special glass ball). Features New Changeable angle Fixed angle Complies with DIN 53015 / ISO 12058 Kit of 6 balls Wide viscosity range covered Simple thermostatic Measuring with easy conection to our thermovisc series Viscosity readings Dinamic (cP or mPa·s)…
The Viscoball measures accurately the viscosity of transparent Newtonian liquids and gases (with a special glass ball).
DIN 53015 / ISO 12058
Kit of 6 balls
Wide viscosity range covered
Measuring with easy conection to our thermovisc series
Dinamic (cP or mPa·s)
0.5 – 10^5 mPa·s (cP)
0.5 – 105 mPa·s (cP)
– High accuracy through improved visibility of falling ball.
– Minimized test time due to accurate return run of the ball.
– Reduced cost of ownership through increased life time of falling tube.
– Extended re-calibration periods through improved bearing support.
The VISCO BALL viscometer is mainly used for low viscosity substances such as used in:
– Mineral oil industry (oils, liquid hydrocarbons).
– Food industry (sugar solution, honey, beer, milk, gelatine, fruit juice).
– Chemical industry (polymer solutions, solvents, resin solutions, latex dispersions, adhesive solutions).
– Cosmetic/Pharmaceutical industry (raw materials, glycerine, emulsions, suspensions, solutions, extracts).
– Petroleum industry (light crude, machine oil, crude petroleum).
– Fuels (petrol, diesel oil, paraffin).
– Paper industry (emulsions, pigment dispersion, paper additives).
– Paints and varnishes (printing inks, varnishes, water lacquers, inks).
– Detergents (liquid washing agents, washing-up liquids, tenside solu- tions).
The rolling and sliding movements of a ball through the sample liquid are timed in an inclined cylindrical measuring tube. The sample viscosity is correlated to the time a ball requires to traverse a definite distance. By turning the measuring tube upside down again the return of the ball may also be used for an additional measurement applying the return cons- tant. The test results are given as dynamic viscosity in the internationally standardized, absolute units of mPa·s.
Balls 1,2 and G, Borosilicate glass
Balls 3 and 4, Nickel iron alloy
Balls 5 and 6, stainless steel
The instrument is supplied with 6 balls, control thermometer (-1 to +26ºC) cleaning tools, calibration sheet and instruction manual.
Glass thermometer for different temperature ranges
V91002 Glass thermometer +24 to +51 ºC, div. 0.1 ºC
V91003 Glass thermometer +49 to +76 ºC, div. 0.1 ºC
V91004 Glass thermometer +74 to +101 ºC, div. 0.1 ºC
V91005 Glass thermometer +99 to +126 ºC, div. 0.1 ºC
V91107 Ball G for gas measurements
Standard oils of differents viscosities are avaible for calibration.
Complies with DIN 53015 / ISO 12058
|Ball||no Viscosity range (mPa·s)|
|1||0.6 to 10|
|2||7 to 130|
|3||30 to 700|
|4||200 to 4,800|
|5||1,500 to 45,000|
Set of 6 balls / Control thermometer ( -1°C a 26°C ) / Cleaning tools / Calibration sheet / User manual